Soldering Iron Temperature Controller
Regulated the flow of current into your soldering iron to maintain a consistent tip temperature.
- Max 400W & 120VAC
- Start with the Soldering Iron Control at the middle setting and allow 15 minutes for heating.
- Test the setting on a scrap solder.
- If the solder melts too slowly and does not puddle with uniform consistency, adjust the dial to the right to increase the temperature. Allow at least three minutes for this adjustment to take effect.
- If the soldering iron tip melts through the solider, adjust the dial to the left to decrease the temperature. Allow at least three minutes for this adjustment to take effect.
- Continue adjusting until desired setting is acheived.
Many factors effect the proper rheostat setting, including: voltage of the soldering iron, speed of soldering, area being soldered, thickness of metal to be soldered and tip condition. Test settings for each project.